THE ADAPTISTRATION NETWORK
In addition to being a recognized expert in the orchestra industry, Mr. McManus is the proprietor and author of the highly successful new media outlet Adaptistration; the only weblog dedicated to issues about the orchestra business, whihc he founded in 2003. Since that time, he has grown the platform into a venerable network of sites that provide a wealth of singular information and services geared toward the field of performing arts.
- adaptistration.com Drew McManus on the orchestra business.
- adaptistraiton.com/jobs Classical music admin jobs. Free to post, free to browse, & free to apply.
- adaptistration.com/toons Who’s Minding The Score? a cartoon about orchestra life.
- adaptistration.com/tafto The official resource site for the Take A Friend To The Orchestra program.
“Practical tips, tricks, and pointers for getting things done as an arts manager.” Founded in 2014, ArtsHacker.com is the result of good old fashioned necessity; up until the time of its launch, the field of nonprofit performing arts administration has been awash in a sea of theory and visioning. There are new models aplenty and regardless of their value, they don’t amount to a hill of beans without implementation.
Simply put, forget the conceptual stuff, people just need to get stuff done.
Content is created by a group of dedicated arts admin experts who volunteer their time and expertise to help their fellow managers be even better at managing the arts.
INSIDE THE ARTS
In 2007 Mr. McManus founded the cultural blogging exchange InsideTheArts.com , which hosts a variety of popular culture oriented new media outlets that cover nearly every aspect of the performing arts.
- Inside The Arts Your cultural blogging exchange
- Adaptistration Drew McManus on orchestra management
- Brian Dickie Life after 50 years in opera and still counting…
- Butts In The Seats Musings on Practical Solutions For Arts Management (Joe Patti)
- Double Bass Blog Jason Heath on all things bass and culture from the ground up
- Neo Classical Holly Mulcahy on the future of classical music
- non divisi Frank Almond writes a column instead of practicing
- Scanning The Dial Joe Goetz on classical music in broadcasting
- Sticks and Drones Two conductors, on the beat with Bill Eddins and Ron Spigelman